RSVLTS is hiring a Copywriter who can weave a tale better than Squints at a campout, can drop a pop culture reference tighter than Michael Scott’s jeans on casual Friday, and can command a voice like Brennan at the Catalina Wine Mixer. If you meet that criteria, keep on reading.
Our apparel brand is growing fast and our creative team is growing with it. We need a writer with undeniable skill who can make grammar and syntax bend to their will like a Wiffle Ball. But, that’s not all. RSVLTS can be, at times, outrageous. So, our ideal candidate also has a quick wit, a great sense of humor, and a solid grasp on pop culture.
This role sits within our larger creative team of writers, designers, editors, and photogs, working on 360° digital marketing campaigns from soup to nuts.
So, what would your day look like?
- Writing, writing, and more writing. RSVLTS has a strong brand voice and a lot of that personality comes in through our writing. You’ll be responsible for writing emails, ads, social, product descriptions, landing pages, video scripts, etc.
- Stormin’. As a part of a wider creative team, you’ll spend your days brainstorming with the group on ideas, both big and small, that can help make our creative and brand even better.
- Whatever comes up. That might sound vague, but we have a real “get your hands dirty” mentality. Sometimes, you’ll be asked to assist on a photoshoot, help brainstorm new products, head to a trade show… you get the picture.
What you bring to the table
- Writing chops. Starting off with the obvious here, but we need a writer who has mastered their skill to write clear, concise, error-free copy.
- Humor. This might feel like an easy one to gloss over, but a sharp sense of humor is a necessary skill for this job.
- Pop culture obsession. Our business model relies heavily on licensed IP—everything from The Office to Nickelodeon, Marvel to WWE. We need a writer who is familiar with most, if not all, of our licenses so they can make references that a superfan would appreciate.
- The ability to thrive in a fast-paced and collaborative environment. We’re constantly shouting ideas at each other and testing things on the ﬂy. This office is a lot of fun, and speed always wins.
- 3-5 years experience writing for a brand
- A portfolio that shows strong writing examples
- Knowledge of current and upcoming social platforms
- Experience with SEO and email marketing
- Agency experience is not necessary but a strongly preferred
What we bring to the table
- Competitive compensation package
- Beneﬁts, including: ﬂexible vacation, health care, dental, vision, 401K
- A fast-paced, but casual and fun work environment with a group of smart, determined, cool-as-hell people
- You’ll be an important member of a growing creative team
- Autonomy. If you want to do something fun, do it.
- We have a TMNT arcade game, sometimes we watch stuff like Star Wars or The Sandlot while we work, and we have a lifetime supply of Big League Chew in the office
There’s a serious demand for fun clothing based on sports and pop culture. The issue is that most of the apparel in this realm is unlicensed, leading to low production quality. RSVLTS, founded in Hoboken, New Jersey, turned a crushing cease and desist from a major movie studio into a licensing partnership. That one partnership was then spun into partnerships with all major movie studios, the WWE, MLBPA, Bob Ross Estate, and more. If you can think of it, we probably have it. Combining officially licensed designs with high-quality clothing, we’ve created a uniquely rad concept that our rabid, growing fanbase can’t buy up fast enough. And we’re named after Teddy Roosevelt, which is pretty badass.