The Intake and Outreach Administrative Assistant will serve as the first point of contact for visitors at Harmony CDC and is responsible for creating a positive and professional experience from start to finish.
The Intake Administrative Assistant is responsible for various administrative duties in an office setting including, but not limited to, answering incoming telephone calls and emails, granting access to the building, and coordinating visits with Harmony staff. This position handles the intake process for Harmony programs including data entry and file management, collection, and review of client documents, and providing guidance and support for new and prospective program applicants.
Harmony CDC Mission
Our Harmony CDC Mission is to advance God’s presence by strengthening families and revitalizing neighborhoods through community-driven and solution-oriented approaches.
Harmony CDC Core Values:
Essential Job Functions:
- Answer all calls and emails in a prompt, friendly manner. Provides general information, directs calls to appropriate staff members, and takes and delivers accurate messages
- Serves as the in-person ambassador representing Harmony CDC to the staff, clients, and guests
- Communicates clear, friendly instructions to prospective applicants about applying to Harmony programs
- Collect, review, and analyze required documentation from program applicants
- Perform client intake and data entry in online systems in accordance with HUD standards
- Ensures smooth transition for clients from the intake to stabilization services (food pantry, housing, counseling) to educational pathways
- Assists with client referrals to community resources and organizations
- Greets and directs all visitors, maintaining a professional and personable demeanor
- Processes incoming mail and donations
- Assists with coordinating community events
- All other duties as assigned
Data entry experience is required. Detail-oriented and knowledge of clerical and administrative procedures and systems such as filing and record keeping. Strong customer service skills. Proficient in using cloud-based data entry systems. Ability to operate office equipment including computers, copy machines, online fax, printers, scanners, and some multimedia.
Must be available during office hours. Must be flexible to work some evenings and weekends due to scheduled community events.
Requires a high school diploma or GED and at least 2 years of administrative assistant experience. An associate’s degree or higher is preferred but not required.