We are seeking a highly experienced and self-motivated Senior Attorney to lead our litigation department remotely. This is an excellent opportunity for an individual who possesses extensive experience in both state and federal court and has a solid background in managing a law firm. The successful candidate will be responsible for taking and responding to depositions and handling commercial vehicle, automobile, and accident claims. They must also be highly organized and efficient, capable of working a case from start to finish with minimal supervision.
- Run and manage the law firm, including crafting and implementing policies and procedures regarding the workflows of the litigation department.
- Handle a broad range of litigation matters, from taking and responding to depositions to managing commercial vehicle, automobile, and accident claims.
- Meet and exceed financial quotas for settled cases while keeping case costs to a minimum.
- Research case laws, draft petitions, and prepare and file complaints.
- Draft and argue written motions, and present oral arguments at hearings in state and federal courts.
- Supervise the entire litigation department, including attorneys and paralegals, as well as oversee the accounting department, medical reductions, and pre-litigation department heads.
- Work a case from initiation to closure, ensuring all steps are completed efficiently and within stipulated timelines.
- Juris Doctor (JD) degree from an accredited law school.
- Licensed to practice law in the state of Texas for a minimum of 6 years.
- Extensive experience in both state and federal court.
- Proven experience managing or running a law firm.
- Strong ability to craft and implement effective litigation workflows and policies.
- Excellent legal research and drafting skills.
- Strong knowledge and experience in handling commercial vehicles, automobiles, and accident claims.
- Ability to effectively manage teams, including attorneys, paralegals, and other department heads.
- Proven record of meeting and exceeding financial quotas for settled cases.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.