Under the direction of the Senior Program Director of Harmony Community Development Center(CDC), the Family Stability / Housing Case Manager is responsible for supporting a culture of a community-based, client-centered, and trauma-informed care organization. The position will focus on providing case management to individuals and families in preventing homelessness, ensuring housing stability and connecting clients to programs, services and community resources.
Harmony CDC Mission
Our Harmony CDC Mission is to advance God’s presence by strengthening families and revitalizing neighborhoods through community-driven and solution-oriented approaches.
Harmony CDC Core Values:
Essential Job Functions:
This section describes the primary responsibilities of an employee in this position. Please note: The primary responsibilities of this position are not limited to this list.
- Conducts phone intake assessments and in-person appointments
- Manages documentation for organizational purposes, as well as management and reporting for federal and non-federal grants
- Counsels clients and/or their families to facilitate achieving housing plan goals, developing life skills, and/or sustaining financial stability, conducts activities and monitors the service environment in a manner to maximize client success and well-being
- Attends community meetings that pertain to resources specific to prevention services
- Ensures contract compliance and verify participants eligibility for program services
- Networks with community agencies for the purpose of obtaining information and coordinating service referrals.
- Works closely with case managers, outreach workers, interns and volunteers to identify and access services and resources to help each participant meet their individual needs
- Maintains current documentation and records of encounters, assessments and referrals, as well as other statistical data required by the program
- Familiarity with community resources for homeless participants and procurement of new resources
- Works with community partners to maximize the assistance for clients
- Advocates on behalf of clients and families for services, basic needs, and other related issues
- Works directly with the administration department for proper management and payment of services to landlords and utility companies
- Composes or prepares correspondence, case notes, narrative and technical reports, notifications, and related documents using computer-based applications
- Conduct comprehensive, client-centered social work activities in accordance with best practices
- Stay abreast of community resources and procedures for referring clients to appropriate resources
- Performs other duties and assumes other responsibilities as assigned by supervisor
This is an individual contributor role with no direct reports.
- Bachelor’s degree in social work, human services, public health or related field preferred and there (3) to five (5) years experience
- Should have at least three years of experience in case management, social work, community services
- Working knowledge of HMIS and IRIS Pieces case management systems
- Working knowledge of nonprofit business operations and federal/state grant and contract funding mechanisms
- Possession of project management skills is preferable
- Detail oriented with excellent verbal, written and interpersonal skills
- Microsoft Office Applications, proficiency in Excel and Word
- A high level of discretion and confidentiality is required at all times
- Microsoft Office 10 experience is required
- Must be a quick learner who is able to maintain accurate records in a cloud-based database management system, generate Excel cumulative reports and manage e-mails.
- The work environment characteristics are representative of those an individual would experience when supporting a resource center and food pantry in an administrative role.
- Multi-tasking is essential.
- Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities or special needs to perform the essential functions.
- The ability to manage stress, build professional and collaborative relationships, work in a fast-paced rapidly changing environment and reason through complex business situations is required.
The physical demands are representative of those that must be met by an individual to successfully perform the essential functions of the job. There will be some lifting (up to 25 pounds).